Date: 27th & 28th October 2018
Time: 9:30am – 4:00pm
Where: Festina Lente Gardens, Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co Wicklow
Course Tutor: Damien Newman, Thrive Training, Education and Consultancy Manager
This 2 day course provides information, skills, techniques and confidence in using social and therapeutic horticulture to address healthy living, occupational deficiency and transition pathways for adults with learning disabilities.
What you will learn:
- To describe the theory of social and therapeutic horticulture in relation to learning disability
- To demonstrate effective techniques and activities to engage those with a learning disability in horticulture and its related activities.
- To describe how to analyse gardens and activities for their compatibility for those with a learning disability
- To begin to design a client centred social and therapeutic horticulture programme
- To describe the importance of assessment and outcome measurement in social and therapeutic horticulture for good practice and sustainability
2 Day Course is Suitable for:
Anyone interested in using Social and Therapeutic horticulture across the disability spectrums including healthcare practitioners, green care practitioners, horticulturists and horticulture educators who want to add to their understanding and professional development and volunteers who may be looking to improve their contributions to the emerging fields of Social and Therapeutic Horticulture and green care.
Price & Booking Information
Price is €230 for the two full days.