Date: 23rd & 24th June 2018
Time: 9:30am – 4:00pm
Where: Festina Lente Gardens, Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co Wicklow
Course Tutor: Damien Newman, Thrive Training, Education and Consultancy Manager
Drawing on our considerable experience of setting up our own projects, and assisting other organisations through our consultancy service, this course provides the practical knowledge, skills and insights required to start a new social and therapeutic horticultural project and to share the health benefits of therapeutic gardening directly with people who have been touched by disability.
‘Helped guide and clarify my thinking’
What you will learn:
- To describe the current state of social and therapeutic horticulture in the UK
- Explore routes to feasibility and sustainability
- Understand the legislation and guidance in social and therapeutic horticulture
- Explore potential sources of funding in social and therapeutic horticulture
- Discuss approaches to sharing your project with referrers and potential clients
2 Day Course is Suitable for:
Anyone with an interest in the logistics, legislation and practical concerns associated with setting up a Social and Therapeutic Horticulture project including healthcare practitioners, green care practitioners, horticulturists and horticulture educators who want to add to their understanding and professional development and volunteers who may be looking to improve their contributions to the emerging fields of Social and Therapeutic Horticulture and green care.
Price & Booking Information
Price is €230 for the two full days.